ATTENTION FUTURE VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS
IT IS TIME FOR “LIL SPIKERS” 2012
THE LADY LOBO STAFF AND PLAYERS ARE EXCITED ABOUT OUR 3rd YEAR OF “LIL SPIKERS” VOLLEYBALL. THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED TO INTRODUCE YOUNG ATHLETES ENTERING GRADES 4TH-6TH TO THE GAME OF VOLLEYBALL. THE “LIL SPIKERS” GAMES WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY NIGHTS AND PRACTICES WILL BE ON MONDAY NIGHTS! THE LEAGUE WILL BEGIN SEPTEMBER 10, 2012 WITH ITS FIRST PRACTICE AND WILL LAST FOR 5 WEEKS ENDING ON OCTOBER 11.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION ALONG WITH YOUR $45 FEE AND TURN IT BACK IN BY SEPTEMBER 3, 2012. THIS FEE WILL COVER YOUR TEAM T-SHIRT, REGISTRATION, AND AWARDS.
ALL PROCEEDS WILL BENFIT THE LADY LOBO VOLLEYBALL PROGRAM. THERE WILL BE AN ORGANIZATIONAL PARENT MEETING ON THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 6, 2012 @ 6:30PM @ THE LONGVIEW HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIA.
DURING THE PARENT MEETING YOU WILL GET ALL THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SEASON. MAKE SURE THAT YOU GET YOUR APPLICATION AND ENTRY FEE TURNED IN. THIS WILL REASSURE THAT YOU WILL HAVE A TEAM!
LADY LOBO STAFF
PLAYER’S NAME GRADE
CITY ZIP CODE
SHIRT SIZE: YS YM YL AS AM AL AXL (PLEASE CIRLCE ONE)
METHOD OF PAYMENT: $45.00
IF YOU PLAYED LAST SEASON YOU WILL RECEIVE A $5 DISCOUNT!
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: LHS VOLLEYBALL BOOSTER CLUB
PLEASE MAIL APPLICATION AND ENTRY FEE TO:
ATTN: CHAKA JACKSON
1109 APACHE CT OR P.O. BOX 3268
LONGVIEW, TX 75605 LONGVIEW, TX 75606
...A “LIL” part of the Lady Lobo Program…
Dear Lil Spikers Parent,
Thank you for allowing your child to participate in the 2012 “Lil Spikers” Program. Following is information concerning the program as well as Rules and Regulations that must be adhered to so that EVERYONE involved will have a positive experience.
PURPOSE: This program is designed ONLY as an introduction to the game of volleyball. As the director, we ask that you understand the purpose of “Lil Spikers” and be supportive of our effort to promote and enhance the Longview Lobo Volleyball Program and its tradition of Excellence through the development of these young players.
GOAL: Our goal is to introduce and teach the basic skills needed to learn how to play the game of volleyball. The skills will be taught in a practice setting and games will be played to demonstrate how well these skills are being developed. WINNING right now is great…BUT IT IS NOT THE ULTIMATE GOAL. If your child has signed up she will get practice and game time!
EXPECTATIONS: You can expect the coaches and directors to be informative and prepared. Practices and games are set on a tight schedule. If you can not be there, please try and let your child’s coach know so she can prepare effectively. We expect your young lady lobo to come to practices ready to learn, work hard, be focused, all while having a grand time.
***Disrespect from a “Lil Spiker” WILL NOT be tolerated.
DIRECTORS/OFFICIALS/COACHES: The Lady Lobo coaching staff will direct and officiate all games. There will always be one adult at Monday practices to monitor gyms and two coaches on Thursday nights to referee the matches. PLEASE DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES/COMPLAINT TO THE LADY LOBO COACHING STAFF!!!! Our student athletes (Varsity Players) will coach the teams. These young ladies are volunteering their time because they love LADY LOBO VOLLEYBALL and want to continue to see it grow.
“LIL SPIKERS” VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE RULES
1. Teams will practice every Monday beginning September 10th for 55 minutes before their Thursday night match. See calendar for practice times and court.
2. Teams will play every Thursday for 5 weeks. Match dates are September 13th, 20th, 27th, Oct 4th, Oct 11th. See calendar for match times.
3. All games will start on time. Coaches need to have their players at High school (PE) gym 20 minutes before game time.
4. All sets (games) will have a 50 minute time limit and must begin at the hour.
5. The match winner will be which ever team wins the best 2 out of 3 sets (games) to 25. You have to win each set by two points. If a third set is needed we will only play until the remaining time expires.
6. Warm up time will be 4-4-2.
7. Girls can be drafted from another team if and only if one team’s numbers is below six players. If a player shows up the drafted player can no longer play.
8. Each player is guaranteed playing time each match. Each team will have 12 players and every 10 minutes we will switch the players out. So playing time will be equal.
9. We will use a modified serving line to encourage play. We will only allow a player to serve 5 points in a row and the ball will go to the other team.
10. All officials decisions will be final there will be no protest. Please encourage good sportsmanship both on the court and in the stands.
11. As a part of your registration fee each member will receive a t-shirt and award. T-shirts will not be ready until September 20, 2012 so for the first game please wear your team color t-shirt with black shorts.
12. You will have the opportunity to purchase pictures. The picture date will be on Monday October 1, 2012. Pictures will be returned on Thursday October 11, 2012.
13. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me Chaka Jackson at email@example.com or 903-663-7106.
LADY LOBO STAFF,
Head Coach: Chaka Jacksonfirstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Coach: Andrew Harbisonemail@example.com
Assistant Coach: Vernecia DeVancefirstname.lastname@example.org
COME JOIN THE FUN
WATCHING THE LADY LOBOS
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 14, 2012 TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 25, 2012
TUESDAY OCTOBER 2, 2012
FRIDAY OCTOBER 5, 2012
FRIDAY OCTOBER 12, 2012
TUESDAY OCOTBER 16, 2012
TUESDAY OCTOBER 23, 2012
@ 6:00PM IN THE LOBO COLISEUM
WEAR YOUR LIL SPIKERS T-SHIRT
AND GET IN FREE!
COME SUPPORT YOUR COACH
AND THE LADY LOBOS!
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!